Saturday, April 23, 2005

I'm secretly quite happy that the success of my degree has basically come down to how quickly and well I can learn to sew. I am now about 7 hours in to my sewing career and its going quite promisingly, although I have an inkling that the thing may end up a coupla inches smaller than oringally planned...

Just me and a 'Pfaff' sewing machine (surprisingly little of that activity with it though) and my entire jazz collection which I'm wading through. So far we've had Esbjorn Svensson Trio, Brad Mehldau, Urban Connection, Miroslav Vitous, Miles Davis, Thelonious, Thelonious AND Art - moving on to just Art next, then maybe Art and Marsalis, then straight Marsalis, then back to the Davis I presume. I like to follow a fluid flow of players in my listening...

What I like about Thelonious is that, I'm sure entirely indeliberately, he hides little gems of genius within a whole heap of dire, blundering playing. In my humble opinion of course.

No comments: